Monday, July 14, 2008

JO Nationals

Most of you know I coach trampoline and tumbling well the athletes I coach had their nationals in Kansas City, MO from June 30th thru July 6th. We had a lot of fun and it was a very successful trip, the results include two NATIONAL CHAMPIONS, one silver medalist, one 4th - 5th & 6th place. They only gave out awards to the top six so that was awesome that we had some top six finishes, but most of our athletes finished in the top ten so that was awesome. 

Ok so when I was not coaching I took at level 1 judging course so I can judge the elite after I am retired from competitive tumbling! (plus I will make more money, which is always a bonus) I also judged the entire JO Nationals, it was a great experience and I learned a lot and I think that a lot of people learned a lot about me. :) 

Also while we were up there they did the Olympic Trial for Trampoline, did you know that Trampoline is an Olympic sport?? Well USA qualified a man and a woman to the Olympics this year, this is the first time we have qualified a man to the Olympics. As you might have guessed these trampolinists are my friends so it was exciting but very nerve racking to watch the trials. Chris Estrada and Erin Blanchard will be representing USA at the Olympics and you better believe I will be glued to the television watching them. :) 

Ok so I think thats it for my trip, I will post some pictures and I hope you enjoy. :) 



I have more pictures so I will do a blog part 2 and put them up there! :) 

Oh and I have already figured this is going to be addicting!!

Love ya,
Ames

No comments: